- The health, safety, and well-being of our passengers, employees, and the communities we serve, is of the utmost importance.
- Buses are being disinfected daily.
- Please follow CDC guidelines by washing your hands, covering your cough, and staying home if you feel ill.
- Please be aware, service and/or schedule changes may be made on a DAILY BASIS in any emergency.
Hygiene Tips for Riders
- As of Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 ALL Casino trips and the 12:30 pm departure from the East Busway have been CANCELLED until further notice.
- The Friday evening 5:30 pm and 10:00 pm Rivers Casino and East Busway/Downtown Pittsburgh runs have been CANCELLED until further notice.
In response to the Covid-19 Virus. NCATA is suspending walk-in traffic into our main office. Senior passes and bus passes are available at the transfer center. Bus passes are also available online.
The New Castle Area Transit Authority will be closed on Friday July 3 & Saturday July 4, 2020 in observance of Independence Day
New Castle Transit Authority
Winter Weather Emergency Preparedness
As per the PENNDOT Bureau of Public Transportation:
In the event of a State announced Commercial Ban of Vehicles on the Interstate Highway, this does include TRANSIT BUSES.
If these events occur we will have no option but to CANCEL Pittsburgh service during the commercial ban. As always we will do our very best in communicating these emergency events in a timely manner so our passengers can make alternate plans.
The bus leaving the New Castle Transfer Center at 6:45 AM will be given the flexibility to leave Portersville Park & Ride a few minutes early. It will not leave before 7:10AM under any circumstances, but it does not have to wait until the 7:15 time. We are making this change to help alleviate this bus getting caught in the congestion headed into Pittsburgh. (Run 712 AM)
As there seems to be some confusion on where senior passes can be utilized, we are posting this alert.
Senior passes can be used on all NCATA routes.
We hope this clears up some of the confusion.
Commuter Fares to Pittsburgh
Just as a reminder, the fare on our commuter service to Pittsburgh is $4.00 per person, regardless of age. For example, if a husband and wife and their 2 year old child are riding our bus, the fare for them is $12.00 (3 people @ $4.00 each) No exceptions can be made to this. We thank you for your understanding.
Senior citizen ID cards are valid on the commuter buses to Pittsburgh.