The New Castle Area Transit Authority is requesting the completion of a survey for fixed-route riders. Links can be found below.
Beginning Monday January 11, 2021 NCATA is returning to the Rivers Casino!!!!
Monday thru Fridays ONLY
Departing: 10:30 am
Departing: 3:00 pm
From: NCATA 311 Mahoning Avenue
New Castle, PA 16102
- The health, safety, and well-being of our passengers, employees, and the communities we serve, is of the utmost importance.
- Buses are being disinfected daily.
- Please follow CDC guidelines by washing your hands, covering your cough, and staying home if you feel ill.
- Please be aware, service and/or schedule changes may be made on a DAILY BASIS in any emergency.
- As of Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 ALL Casino trips and the 12:30 pm departure from the East Busway have been CANCELLED until further notice.
- The Friday evening 5:30 pm and 10:00 pm Rivers Casino and East Busway/Downtown Pittsburgh runs have been CANCELLED until further notice.
In response to the Covid-19 Virus. NCATA is suspending walk-in traffic into our main office. Senior passes and bus passes are available at the transfer center. Bus passes are also available online.
2020 Holiday Schedule
Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Local City Route Bus Service ends at 1:15 pm
- Last Pittsburgh Bus will leave Gate D at Busway at 12:30 PM (No Afternoon Service)
Friday, December 25, 2020
Closed for Christmas Day
Saturday, December 26, 2020
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Friday, January 1, 2021
Closed for New Years Day
Saturday, January 2, 2021
In Observance of Labor Day – The New Castle Area Transit Authority will be closed on Monday September 6, 2021 and
will resume regular service on Tuesday September 7, 2021.
New Castle Transit Authority
Winter Weather Emergency Preparedness
As per the PENNDOT Bureau of Public Transportation:
In the event of a State announced Commercial Ban of Vehicles on the Interstate Highway, this does include TRANSIT BUSES.
If these events occur we will have no option but to CANCEL Pittsburgh service during the commercial ban. As always we will do our very best in communicating these emergency events in a timely manner so our passengers can make alternate plans.
The bus leaving the New Castle Transfer Center at 6:45 AM will be given the flexibility to leave Portersville Park & Ride a few minutes early. It will not leave before 7:10AM under any circumstances, but it does not have to wait until the 7:15 time. We are making this change to help alleviate this bus getting caught in the congestion headed into Pittsburgh. (Run 712 AM)
As there seems to be some confusion on where senior passes can be utilized, we are posting this alert.
Senior passes can be used on all NCATA routes.
We hope this clears up some of the confusion.