- Never run after a bus. Buses may not stop after they have pulled away from the curb.
- After boarding, quickly take a seat in an orderly manner.
- Listen to your coach operator. They’re in the driver’s seat.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- No smoking on buses, including electronic cigarettes.
- We ask that you remove children from strollers prior to boarding. Please fold the stroller and keep it out of the aisle.
- If you must stand during your ride, grab on to a rail, strap, or seat back, and stay behind the yellow line.
- Never interfere with the driver’s ability to drive the bus safely.
- No pushing, fighting or throwing objects.
- Gasoline-powered bicycles, scooters and skateboards are not allowed on the bus or on the bike rack.
- Folding bicycles (cased) and human-powered scooters and skateboards can be brought on board and must be kept out of the aisle. All other bicycles must be secured on the bike rack.
- Vehicle batteries and gas containers are never allowed on the bus.
- Buses stop ONLY at designated stops within city limits.
Always Pay Your Fare
- Have your exact change or bus ticket ready before boarding the bus, the operator can not make change.
- Tickets with visible damage are not accepted.
- Operators may deny boarding to anyone without a valid fare.
Respect Other Riders
- Keep away from the bus if you choose to smoke before boarding. Completely extinguish smoking materials before you board.
- Board through the front door.
- Offer seats in the front of the bus to seniors and disabled riders.
- Make it easy for other riders to take a seat. Occupy one seat, keep feet on the floor, and place bags and backpacks in your lap.
- If you must stand during your ride, please move toward the back of the bus to allow other riders to easily board.
- Use a reasonable volume while talking on your cell phone or with other passengers.
- Offensive language is prohibited.
- Use headphones at a low volume.
Take Care of The Bus
- Keep food and drinks in closed containers. No eating on the bus.
No alcoholic beverages.
- Please don’t litter or create unsanitary conditions. Please take your trash with you.
- Don’t damage transit property.
A Few More Tips To Remember
- You should arrive at your stop at least five minutes early. Wait on the sidewalk or in the bus shelter where the bus operator can see you.
- As the bus approaches, check the sign above the front window to be sure it will take you to your desired destination. If it’s the correct bus, signal the operator that you wish to board.
- Stay back from the curb and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- If you are not familiar with the area, feel free to ask the operator to call out your destination.
- When you are about one block from your desired stop, pull the cord or press the yellow bell tape next to the window.
- Gather all your personal belongings and exit the bus, unless you have a bike stored in the bike rack. In that case, you should let the operator know you will be unloading your bike.